Kate Boggiano in the Press
Kate Coxworth, President of Kate Boggiano, issues a statement to the press about the official launch of Kate Boggiano.comClick here
to read the official press release.
Kate Coxworth, President of Kate Boggiano, LLC was announced by the City of Chicago as one of the designers in residence for the Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy’s on State Street.
Click here to read the official press release.
On air interviews
- April 7th, Kate Boggiano appeared on ABC 7. CLICK HERE to see the broadcast (you will be redirected away from the Kate Boggiano website).
- LINE: Kate Boggiano, kateboggiano.com FROM: Chicago SIGNATURE: Basic at its best. Crisp, classic custom-tailored blouses WHO WEARS IT: CLICK HERE to find out!
- Designer Kate Coxworth admits her New York fashion friends thought she was crazy.Why would a twentysomething technical designer for Polo Ralph Lauren leave New York to launch a line of tailored women's shirts in Chicago?"I thought I had a better chance of making it here," explained Coxworth, a Chicago native who had read about Mayor Richard Daley launching a series of fashion-related initiatives in 2006. CLICK HERE to read more.
- Chicago might not be the number two city on the American fashion scene yet, but we certainly are up-and-coming! Like Coxworth points out, the city is making an effort. "Mayor Daley created a Mayor's Fashion Advisory Council, appointed a city director for fashion arts and events and sponsored an annual Chicago Fashion Week." Coxworth does more than half of her business through her website, but the city's initiatives have helped her significantly. CLICK HERE to read more.
- What’s more classic than a crisp white shirt? The only problem seems to be finding one that fits properly. For so long, women’s tailored shirts were “tailored” more for men. They weren’t constructed for the female body, leaving us with no shape. Kate Boggiano’s collection is all about a beautifully constructed shirt. Her shirts are contoured to a woman’s body, nipped and tucked in all the right places. CLICK HERE to read more and see pictures.
- Kate Coxworth, the local Chicago fashion designer of label Kate Boggiano, is enjoying some much deserved fashion fame after the publication about her fashion line in WWD today! We caught up with the fledging designer to discuss fashion in Chicago, learn the details about her fall collection and what she thinks about fashion in Chicago (she moved back two years ago, after working on the technical design team at Polo Ralph Lauren) to start her own company. CLICK HERE to read more and see pictures.
American fashion isn't just about New York anymore (just don't tell New York - they won't believe you anyway). And one of the cities which is really putting effort into scouting and promoting new design talent, with great success, is Chicago. While L.A. and Miami have their own brands of bikini fashion and are often the "other" fashion cities the industry thinks of, Chicago is quickly coming closest to New York's sense of style. CLICK HERE to read more.
- Style Expose.com
- We again had the privilege of displaying Chicago fashion in the windows at the Hard Rock Hotel that face Michigan Avenue. This round, we're featuring six looks, each by a designer that is part of the Chicago Fashion Incubator (CFI). The Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy's on State Street is designed to provide six (6) emerging Chicago-based designers resources, including work space, curriculum, mentoring, to launch their careers in fashion. CLICK HERE to read more and to see pictures.
- NewCity CHICAGO
- The roster for the Make a Statement: Design for the Cure runway show reads like a who's who of Chicago design: Lara Miller, Melissa Serpico, Kate Boggiano, Kristin Rosynek Hassan of organiK Revolution and lydia Wachowska of Evil Kitty are just a few of the designers contributing time and designs to the fashionable fundraiser. CLICK HERE to read more.
For Kate Coxworth founder of one-year-old fashion company Kate Boggiano in Chicago, classes help her get a grip when she's feeling overwhelmed. She's currently taking an 11-week basic marketing class through the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing, a trade group. She enjoys talking to seasoned entrepreneurs in attendance who have been there, done that, and are willing to share lessons learned. CLICK HERE to read more.
- Stylememo Blog
- "Kate Coxworth of the quasi-eponymous line, Kate Boggiano is launching her classic, tailored, pret-a-porter tops into the revolutionary customized couture world with a Create Your Own line of investment-style, timeless and individualized blouses for women of all shapes and sizes." CLICK HERE to read more about the Create Your Own line.
- Daily Herald
- "St. Charles native Kate Coxworth is working on her line of custom-made women's shirts, called Kate Boggiano, at the new Chicago Fashion Incubator program at Macy's." CLICK HERE to read more.
- Style Memo
Kate Boggiano Launches the CYO Line. With a slight shopping addiction of my own, I have spent my fair share of time waiting in dressing room lines, and I cannot count the infinite number of times, when from behind fitting room curtains, I hear a deep sigh, followed by a distraught and disappointed voice that mutters, “ I just want one good shirt that fits!” CLICK HERE
to read more.
- Creamy Clothing Blog
- CLICK HERE (you will be redirected away from the Kate Boggiano website)
- Chicago Sun Times
- "Six fashion designers moved into the new Chicago Fashion Incubator this weekend, eager to be part of the city's efforts to keep a future Coco Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld in the Windy City." CLICK HERE to read more
- Chicago Mag.com
- "Project Runway is over for the season, and I'm looking to fill the Heidi Klum-shaped void in my life. Lucky for me—and you, too—the Chicago Fashion Incubator launched at Macy's on State last night, affording us the opportunity to follow the careers of six local designers from the classroom to the selling floor." CLICK HERE to read more.
- Second City Style.com
- "The Mayor said he hopes this year long program will result in the "next Ralph Lauren or Donna... Karan". Follow the designers' progress on Comcast On Demand throughout the year. Almost like Project Runway!" CLICK HERE to read more.
- "In the Fall of 2007, the selection committee met with all of the applicants (which were given August and September to apply for the Incubator). We chose the six we saw the best potential in, and voila, here we are today (after a lot of construction and preparation of course). " CLICK HERE to read more about how the CFI was created.
- Chicago Tribune
- "Kate Coxworth was working for Ralph Lauren in New York when she heard about Mayor Richard M. Daley's efforts to nourish the fashion industry back home." CLICK HERE to read more.
- Chicago Journal
"Coxworth's one-year-old collection, called Kate Boggiano (named after her paternal grandmother's Italian maiden name), offers satiny, sleek dress shirts; stylish, well-tailored blouses; soft, comfy, torso-slimming tank tops; and colorful clutch handbags." To read more, CLICK HERE